Friday, 5 October 2012

DISSECT - THE START OF THE TYPEFACE




These are my initial drawings ready to start the final process of design. I decided to use drawing inks, for the intense colour, as well as the durability and opacity. I chose to use 140gsm paper, as this was of a higher quality and thickness so the inks would not bleed, and could be blended easily due to the absorbency. 



Here you can see the slight difference in tone between the middle of the letterform. This section will be highlighted with a label - 'spine'. As this is the components name, I decided to illustrate this by adding a spine illustration to the outer edge.



I really like how my designs are developing. Once the background has some tones, I am going to add labels for components in the style of old school text books.

No comments:

Post a Comment