Monday, 1 October 2012

DISSECT

For the first part of my Design Skills module, my first study brief is to re-work an existing letterform, and use this as the basis to design my own typography, based around a word. The word chosen was 'Dissect'.

My final outcome has to be in black and white only, and each typeface no bigger than a 10x10cm piece of card, etc.

I started by doing a brain storm, once I had looked up the dictionary definition. This really helped me begin this task, and generate ideas quickly.



I chose to look beyond the first major thought of animal dissection, and look at the idea of analysing an object or form. 

Currently I would like to look into incorporating analysis or anatomy into this design brief. I like the idea of concept being concealed within an image, giving it context and meaning, for the audience to think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment