Wednesday, 1 May 2013

FINAL PHOTOS/PUBLICATION - OLD WIVES TALES; WEIRD AND WONDERFUL HANGOVER CURES

Coptic Binding:

Hand bound on 160gsm stock, with mount board front and back cover. Overall I am happy with the results of the coptic binding process, however it hasn't got the polished look of a book I was aiming for.






Perfect Binding:

I was going to experiment with perfect binding at Vernon Street however due to time constraints had no available time to bind the book myself. Instead I sent a packaged indesign file to Hobs Reprographics in Leeds and explained what I wanted; perfect bound, soft cover, thick matte stock at A5 scale. I went into the printers and watched whilst they finished binding my book. The thermal heat process and binding facilities at the printers were incredible to see first hand and to watch my design come to life. It was a very good experience and the first hand research has broadened my knowledge of the processes and techniques used in professional industry. Perfect binding finished the book aesthetically and I am really happy with it. It looks and feels professional and perfect binding is something which I want to try myself when I have more time available.

















ISSU:




No comments:

Post a Comment