As part of my research for the info-pack brief, I carried out primary research in the form of a short online questionnaire. It is targeted at females within the age range of 16-25, keeping in line with my target audience.
I published the survey using surveymonkey.com and advertised it using college, social networking and word of mouth. I also asked the course administrator Tom Pollard to email the survey around both Vernon St for the younger students, and at Blenheim for the undergraduates.
The questions were below as follows:
Female Focused Design & Print:
1. How old are you?
2. Do you ever buy books/publications which look aesthetically feminine?
3. Do you own a print book?
4. Would you buy a print book/info-pack targeted at a female audience?
5. What colours remind you of feminine branding?
6. What sort of typography reminds you of femininity?
7. What print finishes would you call 'feminine' (aesthetically)?
8. Would you be interested in a print guide for females?
9. How much would you be willing to spend on a print-book or info-pack for females?