Friday, 10 January 2014

CATH KIDSTON BRIEF - EVALUATION

Cath Kidston Evaluation

I chose the YCN Cath Kidston Conversational Print brief for several reasons; stepping out my comfort zone, print related, digital based design work and an exciting opportunity to design for an iconic, influential and patriotic brand.

When I first embarked upon this brief, I expected a challenge, as heavily, vectored illustration isn’t something I have worked with before to this degree of precision. I felt as though a concept, and appropriate research could be carried out easily enough however, to add context to the project.

Whilst carrying out the design process, I initially felt a massive pressure to fit Cath Kidston’s pre-existing aesthetic, and this is something, which I struggled to achieve initially. After determination and hours of experimenting an approach was developed which allowed me to carry out the project with sheer determination and motivation to succeed. I feel I achieved the desired aesthetic and feel proud of this project overall.

I have developed a new skill set which I am confident with using now, which I didn’t have prior to this brief. I feel as though I have worked efficiently throughout, maintaining project and time management to an extremely high level. I am more than happy with the outcome, and hope that the judging panel also think so too!

No comments:

Post a Comment